Monday 9 April 2007

Easter

In Holland we have two easter days. Strange I know. As expected Jack had to work both of them. On the bright side this meant he had Saturday off, first time for everything.

Our weekend started with a trip into Ridderkerk on the back of a bike. Well, me on the back and Jack riding it. After a hunt for some super-stylish but also bug-like sunglasses we stopped for lunch. For those of you who know me, especially my mother and Jack know i have a tendancy to strop about things that aren't important. Such as the stoopid woman in the new Bread&Butter cafe in town who gave me crappy bread with my lunch.

Now, what annoyed me about this was as i was reading the menu i asked Jack if you can chose which bread you would like, he said he was not sure but he would ask, went up to the counter, ordered our food and came back. So, why may i ask did he order a fantastic crusty roll with his and i got some funny little fluffy thing???? Was not ammused. Got quite stroppy. We had a little lovers tiff. Then realised we were having quite an intence arguement about a bread roll. Laughed. And ate.

So that was that.

We then went to the new Ice Cream parlour next door, three scoops each please, white chocolate, tiramasu and cookie dough for me please and cherry, pineapple and some other flavour that i fail to recall for Jack. Super.

Straight after this (OK so maybe not the most magnificent idea) we went to the funfair. Couple of topsy turvy rides a complaint of slight sickness for Jack and a bike ride home.

Saturday night Jack went out for a poker evening with his friends leaving me engrosed with the film Twister and The Mummy Returns.

Bringing us to Sunday.

Waking up bright an early me and Jack left for Rotterdam, him to work and me to Ineke's.

Ineke's family came over, her sister with her husband and 4 children, her mother, two aunties and cousin, along with me, ineke, Robbert and the 3 children bringing it to a grand total of 16. Thankfully the weather was beautiful so we ate delicious pizza curtousy of Robbert, sat in the garden and tanned ourselves.

Sunday evening i went to Coconuts to meet Jack. Now, Jacks mother gave me a lovely dress, black and white, long sleeves, short skirt. I would say it is a classy dress, not slutty. Unless you wear it to ride a bike. Which, of course i did. I have to say, I am pleased Ineke wasnt about to snap a pic of this one!!!

Altogether i had a really lovely easter weekend.

No comments: