Sunday 29 April 2007

My Dutch Birthday!!

Well, my day began with a spot of present opening!! I really wasn't expecting this as we already had a wonderful day planned to celebrate my birthday but still! whos complaining!! Ineke, Robbert and the children bought me some amazingly comfortable and lushus flip flop, my hunt for them failed so Ineke helped me out!! Along with a box of Celebrations and of course.. after eights!! Ineke either forgot, or liked the idea that they make me incredibly hyper!! Anyway! who needs alcohol!! I was then handed a light silver bag. Incase i hadn't already recieved enough i then opened a gift voucher to get my hair done and a salon in the centre!! I'm thinking of maybe going blond.. Like Golden, not Bleach.




Ineke and I then began our City Safari. In the mail you recieve a list of three destinations and times in which to be there.

Our first was to visit a Morrocan Lady who served us a lunch of bean soup and filled pittas. Whilst eating we sat in a special room lined with special sofas with a special table in the middle with special pictures on the walls. It was a religious room. Thats the word.

Our second stop was visit a lady who would reveal our inner most secrets. And thats exactly what she did.




Last but not least we visited a modernised Mosque!! After thinking we would be shown around by some tall guy with a beard and hat we were surprised to see a young beardless guy in trackies!! He showed us everything, from the prayer room to the toilets! Although this bit was hard for me to understand as the Dutch spoken was on a topic i was not familiar with, the translated information was very interesting!!

After having such a lovely day Ineke and Robbert took me to Hotel New York for a meal with the children. After starting the evening with a glass of champaign next to the river I ate a mushroom ravioli with a truffle sauce accompanied by a baguette and crouton salad whilst Ineke and Robbert shared a mixed fish platter with everything from prawns to snails, lobster to oyesters and many many more paculiar species. Yes people. It has to be said. I ate a snail. Well half. And i more of swallowed it like a tablet than physically ate it.


I really did have such a wonderful birthday, it couldn't have been better.

CHEERS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh god, i feel terrible!! i forgot your birthday and we just spoke anout it..but in any case:

ALL THE BEST FOR YOU!!! I hope that all your wishes come true and that you will have a great trip to the UK!!

Lots of kisses,
kathrin