Tuesday 16 January 2007

My thought process..

OK, so I've been doing a lot of thinking recently. A few posts ago i wrote about not making new years resolutions but setting myself goals to achieve, as i think this is more do-able than giving up stuff i enjoy. Well i would like to update that and add..

  • I want to learn more about the world and people around me, to appreciate the things i do have and stop dwelling on the things i don't.
There are so many of us that are wrapped up in our own worlds to actually look outside the window and realise what is happening beyond our four walls. I am the first to admit that!! We all have our own situations and confusions going on in our own lives, therefore why weigh ourselves down with extras!! Well, look at it this way. It may actually make you realise how kushti you have it.

I personally think Eastenders is great way of learning this lesson!! Don't get me wrong, i hate the programme, but look at it this way. You've had the worst day at work, you've got home and the dog has chewed on half the sofa, your boyfriends just dumped you and you think your life is over. You switch on the TV, watch an episode of Eastenders and realise, actually, my life is perfect after all.

I just want people to take a step back and look at there lives from an outsiders point of view. For example a working class family with not all that much money and 3 children, may spend the majority of there time worrying about the cost of living and the things that they don't have, but an outsider looking in, would see them as blessed to have 3 beautiful children.

I want people to appreciate the things in life they do have but take for granted and give up wishing they had more. I am not trying to say i am perfect, I am just like everyone else. I am the first to admit that i take for granted the things and people around me and don't realise how lucky i am to have such special people who love and care for me. Material things are not what is important. Money cannot buy happiness, just labels.

No comments: