Tuesday 16 January 2007

UPDATE!!

Well, there are a couple of things that have happened over the last couple of days that i need to update you on!!


Firstly. Jack killed the bird.

Let me explain.. OK, Monique bought a bird at the weekend. A lovely little thing called YoYo. So all is hunky dory, until Jack gets home from college that is. So Jack very innocently gets the bird out of its cage, all is well.. for a few minutes anyway, when the bird starts hyperventilating, has a spasm and dies!! In Jacks hand!! Personally i found this all rather amusing. Sorry to all you bird lovers out there.

And Secondly. The Taxi man stole my flight.

Again, let me explain.. Basically, Giverney was kind enough to lend me £10 to pay for the remainder of my flight back to Holland (yes, i didn't even have a tenner) anyway so she gives me a £20 note for the taxi back home so i could keep the change for my plane ticket. OK. So I get in the taxi. Chat away to the driver (like you do) and we pull up to my house.

"That'll be £7.40 then please love"

So i hand him the £20 note. He's scrambling around in his pocket for the extra 60p so i say..

"oh just give me a couple of quid back, that'll be fine"

And that's that.

Its not until the next morning that i realise he literally did give me a couple of quid back!! Obviously I meant Plus the £10 note!!

So again, i am back to square one of having no money and no flight home.

So i call the taxi firm and explain what has happened. The bloke on the other end of the line tells me he will talk to 'Richard' and told me to call back the next day.

So i do. However this guy isnt there so I talk to another man who says he will get 'Chris' to call me.

It is now Tuesday. I have had no call from 'Chris' so i call them back. This time i'm lucky enough to speak to Chris, he explains that 'Richard' was only given one £20 note that night and cannot account for where it came from, so therefore i cannot have my change. What he fails to understand is that one £20 note was mine!!

So basically I paid £20 for a £7 taxi journey. And still no flight.

No comments: