Tuesday 9 January 2007

So.. I was thinking..

Well i was sitting in the car last night listening too Graham Torringtons Late Night Love (this was kinda hard to admit but i got there in the end.) and he was talking about new beginnings for a new year and stuff like that.

You see, there are so many people out there that make new years resolutions and just don't stick to them, me included. So I've finally decided that i think new years resolutions are pointless for that mere reason. HOWEVER. I have made a decision to set myself a goal, not necessarily at the beginning of a new year but at any particular point where my life seems a little boring!

I mean i have taken a huge step over the last 3 or 4 months in moving to The Netherlands but i have been totally relying on others to help me, if it wasn't for my Mum and Val i most definatley wouldn't be in Holland. Through there love, support and belief in me i have been able to do what i am doing, not to mention the financial support they have given me. Also Monique, if it wasn't for Jacks mum then i wouldn't have a roof over my head and a place to sleep at night. My friends and family have all been so encouraging to me, i really couldn't have asked for more support!! Jack has been my rock over the last few months, obviously we have had arguments and tough times, but who doesn't? we always end up laughing about it afterwards anyway. Being away from somebody really makes you realise how much they mean to you.

Anyway, now i feel like I'm at the Baftas or something!! so back to the point! My point is i am going to start setting myself goals, as although i have moved to Holland and (finally) found myself a job i have set myself no real goals to achieve. So for the time being (and until i have completed the following things) these will be my goals to achieve!!

  • Firstly, I want to learn Dutch, i was never really any good at languages at school but it is so different when you actually live in that country, also if me and Jack get married someday i am really gonna have to understand the wedding!!

  • I want to make at least 6 new friends in the next two months!! I know you English people must think that's easy but BELIEVE ME it is sooo not when you don't speak the language!!

  • And finally (I'm struggling to think of this one but I'm trying!!) i want to try and get some more Independence, because all though i have moved to Holland, which of course is a very independent thing to do, i have been very much relying of Jacky for most things!!

So there you go!! My three goals to achieve asap!! Ill keep you posted!!

Until next time!!

No comments: