Monday 5 February 2007

My encounter with Kim!!

Well, as you may know Kim is my best Dutch friend.. here's the catch. I'd never met her until Saturday. We met on the Internet (yes, think what you like..) She lives near Eindhoven and traveled the one hour and fifty minutes to Rotterdam to see me. So we started off the day travelling from Centraal Station to Stadhuis by Metro (yes this is very significant as she has never been on one before (25 years she has been Dutch!!)) Well we went to Dudok for lunch (and yes I did have the overly-lushus Brie, Apple and Honey Ciabbata), had great fun analysing peoples' outrages dress sense, i know it is good to be unique but some people are just ridiculous and I struggle to understand how they can look in the mirror and think 'Wow! I look fantastic in this overly-hideous skirt, bright pink tights, green strippy top, elbow gloves and trainers!! Not to mention this fantastic belt i have on with spikes all around it!!'

We then went for a mooch around the shops, Kim continually amazed that they have Bodyguards, and that actually, Rotterdam is not as bad as it is said to be. We both did considerably well to control our spendings (to be fair, this wasn't so hard for me as i had a serious lack of money to start with and do not own a credit card.)

Once the shops began to close we made our way to Coconuts for a few drinks, subjecting Kim to Marcel the womanizer (there are better words i could use for him but my Mother may be reading) lets just say he has had more than his fair share.. anyway he took quite a liking to Kim, rather her than me!!

Anyway this bought an end to our day, so we walked to back to Centraal Station, coming across a large number of incredibly perculiar people along the way, and waved goodbye to Kim.

All in all i had a really lovely day and i think she did too?! However i think the best part of this was talking to Kim this morning and finding out that when she returned to Eindhoven the window had fallen out of her car so she had to drive the 40 minutes home with no window!! Amused me greatly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok.... few things:

To start of with; Yes I did have a good time aswell, wasn't pretending or anything ;-)

2nd; How can u forget to mention beard man?!?! It was like "Planet Of The Apes Live".

And 3rd, I was actually freezinggggg driving home.
(It was only 30 minutes FYI. I've been speeding to get home asap)!
:-S

Ow and 4th... u really think I'd rather have Marcel's attention than u do?... Hhmmmm, well, maybe I do, since I am the single one here... Taking that one back then.

Love ya Rach!!
Speak soon xxxx Kim.

y.Wendy.y said...

It's always cool to meet people you have become online friends with - I have done it too and love my new friends.

Practically Dutch said...

your right, just kinda annoying when they turn out to be hairy old men. Did i forget to mention that bit in my post?!