Monday 12 February 2007

My Weekend

Day One of my Weekend (well, that's if you include Friday as part of the weekend, which in fact i do, therefore making the week almost the same length as the weekend.)

This morning Ineke had to leave for work at stoopid '0' clock so I had to take care of the kids breakfast and trip to school. Breakfast was actually surprisingly fun. We made our own little band. Timo on Guitar, Morten on Drums, Caroline on Vocals, and me, well I was band manager of course!! So that was breakfast (well, of course we ate some delicious (lets take advantage cos mum's not here) naughty foods) and then headed off to school.. well half way anyway before Morten and Timo very rightly point out to me that we have in fact forgotten Rucksacks. So after the mad rush back to the house we head back to the school for a quick story with Timo (yes in Dutch, so really we just flicked through the pictures) a made rush to get Caroline changed for Gym class and a short walk back to the house.

Jack then came over for lunch, a sausage roll to be precise, and went off to work whilst I did the washing etc.

After picking the kids up from school Morten, Caroline and I went off to the park (Timo stayed home as he didn't want to go out in the cold, Robbert was also home may I just add.. didn't just leave the poor kid by himself..) So Morten lead the way.. very successfully to a park that wasn't open, so we ran back towards the house and got the bus into town. Now, I have to tell you that we went to a really fantastic park!! They had swings and slides (like any other basic place) but on top of that they had rope swings and tires and footballs and sand pits and round abouts and loads of other stuff that I cant explain!! Was soo much fun!!

Jack then finished work extra early so I went off into town about 7.30ish, met Jack for a drink and came back to mine to watch a film and go to sleep.. We watched 'The Hours' A very intriguing film. But worth watching.

Day Two (this being Saturday)

Me and Jack had a lazy morning, just watching T.V and stuff, until Jamie (Ineke and Robberts previous aupair) turned up!! To cut a long story short, Jamie was working at an Art Gallery in Rotterdam but could no longer stay with the people she was staying with.. lets just say the 63 year old man took a slight liking to her.

Jack and I then went into town for a spot of shopping, he went to work, I went back to Inekes for food, watched a bit of Tele with Jamie and went back out to Coconuts. I tried to explain to Jack that the last bus back to Ridderkerk on a Saturday is at 11.10, but Jack, being a man, insisted I was wrong and it was as late as 12.15. So. We stayed at Coconuts for a few drinks once he had finished work (the reason for this being, Marcel is dating a girl off of Dutch Television, she was coming to Coconuts that night and Jack wanted to meet his first 'famous person' - which may I just add didn't happen as she was ridiculously late. To be honest, if this 'famous person' was Johnny Depp or something I could completely understand, but as it happens it was some Dutch girl who appears in a soap every now and again..) Anyway, as I knew we would, we missed the last bus home, having to catch a different bus and walking for half an hour, in the rain, at one '0' clock in the morning. As you can imagine. I was. not. happy.

Day Three (Yes, Sunday, thats right..)

This morning we just lazed around, got ready about midday and went off to Kim's house (Jacks sister) with his Ma and Auntie, ate tomato soup (with red peppers - random) went back to Jacks, played a few rounds of cards, watched 'Over the Hedge' and I got the bus back to Beukelsdijk.

Over all I had a very lovely weekend.

No comments: