Thursday 1 February 2007

My first 'thrown in at the deep end' day

OK, so i had the kids alone for the first time.

I got up this morning (was a horrendous struggle but i got there) with a banging headache, set the table for breakfast, made the kids lunches and off they went to school.

The plan originally was to go straight back upstairs, cower into my PJ's and fall right back to sleep. Didn't quite work this way. I was far to awake by the time the kids where at school, so i went back upstairs, put on my face and freshened up a bit.

I then checked my emails, called Jack, debated the walk into town to meet him, gave in and off i went. Well, i think i surprised myself!! i actually really enjoyed the walk!! felt rather healthy afterwards (until i arrived at Coconuts and devoured a rather large portion of poffertjes) bought some shampoo and walked back.

Now, i seemed to have a distinct lack of socks this morning, therefore having to go bare-footed in my trainers. Now, anyone who can honestly say that there feet don't absolutely honk after taking off trainers from bare feet are telling porkies. So i jumped in the shower, shaved my legs (believe me - i was starting to look a little ape like) and re-dressed.

When i picked the kids up from school today i met Austin, Ineke and Robberts previous aupair who introduced me to a few others at the school. I then had a bit of an issue with Morten and Timo both wanting to visit friends, trying to find the parents of the friends and sending them off (well Morten anyway. Timo was less successful in finding his companion.) After getting back to the house we watched a little Tele, did a little drawing a played a few games. And that was the end of that.

Tot Morgen!

No comments: