Thursday 1 February 2007

What exactly is it?

OK, I have felt the incredible need to write this post as over the last 2 days, yes just 2, I have come across a couple of people who are pretty obviously neither man nor woman.

First off..

I mentioned in my previous post the kids swimming teacher. OK so some of you may see this as a pretty harsh post to write, but frankly I don't care. I just don't understand why anyone would want to be one of those people that are looked at alongside the question "What exactly is it?" I mean come on, if your a swimming teacher, do you really have to be cruel enough to put the children through the embarrassment of saying Sir instead of Miss?? Ineke and I spent much time at the swimming pool deliberating over the person in question, no boobs.. no bum.. no erm.. bulge. So how exactly are we suppose to know? Well it looks like a man, it sounds like a man.. but oh no.. its a woman!! Whats that all about?!

OK, Secondly..

Tracy Chapman. Now you may think the name is a bit of a give away but I beg to differ. Now, have you ever listened to the song 'Fast Cars' if you have, then listen to it again, picturing a man singing it. Now listen to it a second time, picturing a woman. Come on, which is more believable?! Surely you can see how easy it is to mistake her for a man?? She doesn't even look like a woman!! (well to be fair I have only seen one picture of her, maybe it was taken in the wrong light or something).

Well basically my point is.. you don't have to have big boob, or a nice butt to look like a woman!! But please, please make yourself at least distinguishable to save Ineke and I the hassle of trying to work you out!!

3 comments:

Ineke said...

Tracy, just so you know: it was Rachel who was wondering.
Not me. Uh uh!
And if you ever should consider giving a meet and greet after a concert in Rotterdam, I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer. Or chocolates. More power to you girl!

Practically Dutch said...

Hahahah.. not sure that will happen but feel free to buy me beer and chocolates! hardly seems fair not too!!

Austin said...

Ha ha, thats so hilarious! I am pretty sure I know which swimming teacher you are talking about too. Also about Teacy Chapman...yesterday me and Joris (the 12 year old) were listening to a song by her and he goes.."yeah he's a good singer". After arguing for a few minutes he finally took my word for it that it's a "she". I mean come on she does say "I work in the market as a check out girl" in the song.